- Hail from Archbald, Pa
- Baptized in the Lackawanna River
- Raised in and around a (now) third generation Irish Pub
- Mistaken for Laura Ingalls
- Reprimanded by Sister Thomas Mary
- First boyfriend: Elvis Presley (from the Blue Hawaii album)
- First act of rebellion: continuous play of “Double Dutch Bus” on the jukebox – just when they thought I’d run out of quarters
- First act of deception: convincing unsuspecting pub patrons that “My Sharona” was not a good song, so that the record would be taken off the jukebox and given to ME.
- Stateside experience:
- Upstate NY
- Lastly, but not leastly, Erie, Pa.
Countries of residence:
- United States o’ ‘Murica
- Czech Republic
- Spain (Ah, Spain!)
- Germany (Ich liebe Deutschland!)
… and several more could be added to this list if I live beyond this month. (There is always the impending threat of death, you know. No one should ever pretend there isn’t.) I speak English pretty good, Polish pretty well, and the Español is muy bien. My German is good enough – or at least funny enough – to make Germans smile, and that’s something. 😀
Shout-out to Sister Hildegard, my 103 year old 2nd grade piano teacher (at least that’s how old I think she was). I finally memorized the staff of the bass clef!